Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for supporting production by maintaining operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Troubleshooting mechanical and basic electrical systems in order to maintain and repair equipment.
- Complete daily preventative maintenance and daily tasks.
- Assist and become an active member of the HAZMAT team.
- Read and understand mechanical and electrical diagrams and technical repair manuals.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical breakdowns in a timely matter.
- Apply knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions applicable to maintenance work.
- Operate lifts and material handling tools as needed.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment as needed.
- Able to adapt to fast pace work environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate Degree or equivalent in a related field is preferred.
- 2 years of experience in mechanical field in an industrial or manufacturing setting is preferred.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office and L2L.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to provide own hand tools.
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends if needed.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing demands.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to cover other days and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to climb ladders and do work on aerial work platforms as needed.
West Liberty Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.