Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for finding potential quality issues in production and implementing solutions to mitigate issues. The Quality Assurance Supervisor is also responsible for the direct supervision and training of non-exempt team members in the QA department. This involves areas of responsibility, policy implementation, philosophies and department specifications. Enforces company and departmental policies as needed to assure the level of quality that has been established for West Liberty Foods products.
- Seeks resolution of team member concerns to create an environment that expresses care, concern and consistency toward all team members.
- Promotes cooperation and dedication to superior workmanship among all team members.
- Provides training for team members on company policies, rules, regulations and job specific duties and responsibilities.
- Audits performance to verify knowledge transfer and adherence to training.
- Initiates needed maintenance work orders and monitors maintenance activities.
- Attains all budgeted and standard operating costs.
- Monitors and enforces adherence to GMP‚ s and specifications. Maintains high levels of sanitation, housekeeping and product quality.
- Arranges for materials and supplies needed for daily production.
- Reviews and approves new methods and standards. Utilizes teamwork for improvements.
- Assures team members are paid correctly, reviewing time sheets, payroll and labor costs.
- Works with the HR department on team member staffing, care, benefits, pay, discipline, etc. Properly documents team member activities for attendance and discipline. Provides documents to HR for inclusion in team member‚ s files. Administrates team member vacation and leave programs.
- Follow daily work schedule and reports variances.
- Encourages best use of energy and resources with minimal waste
- Inform team members about company and department activities and events.
- Accurate data reporting and follow-up on all department inventories, production, costs, meat and supply usages, variances, time, payroll, projects, quality issues, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 ‚ 4 years of related experience is preferred.
- Bachelor‚ s Degree in a related field or equivalent is preferred.
- Computer experience with email and MS Office.
- Knowledge of Kronos or other timekeeping system.
- Experience with inventory control is a plus.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop others.
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends according to schedule.
- Coaching and performance management experience a plus.
West Liberty Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.